vendredi 10 avril 2009

cooking pt. 2

So for more news in cooking, my favorite restaurant in town is called Le Nomade. It's a middle eastern restaurant, and my favorite appetizer is Brick au Thon. It's made with feuilles de Brick which are similar to sheets of phyllo--they're very thin and can dry out easily, but brick is much more pliable. Anyway, they wrap a sheet of brick around a filling and then pan fry it. At Le Nomade they do tuna with capers, potatoes, and sometimes an egg yolk which spills out all yummy when you start to eat. And it's served with a wedge of lemon.

Naturally I decided to make some at home, and it was deeeelish.


My next undertaking was homemade barbecue pork buns. Honestly, it was INCREDIBLY time consuming, and I probably won't ever make these again on my own, but they still turned out very very yummy.





Here's the Pork! This is just roasted barbecue pork. To make the filling I chopped it all up, added more sauce, and also some onions, etc.










Aaaand the bun! Not quite as nice as I hoped, but still awesome. Now I'm only slightly less antsy to get back to Oakland's Chinatown.






Next up, we have what is probably my favorite meal of all time: Thai Red Curry Chicken. Actually I think I made it with turkey this time, but it was just as good.














And finally the most exciting! I actually found Tofu at Carrefour one day, so I made myself a little sesame-soy lacquered tofu appetizer a few weeks ago, with chives. Simple and delicious.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire